How do you keep your property safe whilst you are away enjoying the sun?
The last thing you want to do is worry about security and safety, so with our simple tips, you can enjoy your holiday and relax!
- Never post on social media that you are on holiday, its surprising how many people can see posts without your realising it.
- Even if you want to have a quick get away in the morning, don’t pack your luggage into your car the night before, leave it in the hallway instead
- Invest in some timers for your lights, install them in the bedroom and rooms to the front of the property, where it looks more like someone is at home.
- Keep your tools under lock and key, and if you have a ladder stored in your garden, make sure it is securely shackled to avoid it being used as an aide to a potential criminals
- Never put your full home address on your luggage labels, you never know who is looking……
- Ask your agent to visit the property whilst you are away to keep and eye on things, and to tidy away accumulating post which is a giveaway that a house is unoccupied….this is all part of the first class service with Lawler & Co!
- Finally – take advantage of a little known Police service. Phone 101 and ask to register your property as unoccupied for a period of time, and they will take your details and a contact number of a friend or relative should an incident occur whilst you are away.